Searcys, the iconic collection of restaurants, bars and venues, honoured staff across its portfolio at the inaugural Searcys awards and 30 Euston Square wins venue and team of the year. The awards ceremony marks the outstanding achievements of employees, and highlights the dedication, care and compassion that they deliver.
The nominations for the seven ‘Searcys Values Awards’ were submitted by employees from across the Searcys’ venue portfolio. From a shortlist of three per category the Executive team picked the eventual winners. The Values Awards cover their core pillars of Passion (rising star), Excellence (best team), Accountability (best support person), Energy (best guest feedback), Originality (best support Chef), Execution (best Manager), and Curiosity (best innovator).
- Passion (rising star) Cristina Palamar: Kenwood House
- Excellence (best team) Sales & Events Team: 30 Euston Square
- Accountability (best support person) Francesco Arlotta: Barbican
- Energy (best guest feedback) Mimi Tudor: Champagne Bars
- Originality (best support chef) Louise Schofield : The Balcony
- Execution (best Manager) Greg Hillier (Head Chef): British Academy
- Curiosity (best innovator) Stefani Goodrem (Sales & Marketing Manager): Inner Temple
Kayleigh Tindalid (Marketing Manager): Pump Rooms and Roman Bath Kitchen
- Venue of the Year : 30 Euston Square
- Chef of the Year Barry Tonks: Searcys at The Gherkin & Paul Smith: Allen & Overy
- Spirit of Searcys Marta Makarczuk: Searcys at The Gherkin
30 Euston Square’s General Manager, Yvette Chatwin said; “My team are absolutely amazing. I am extremely proud of them all and what they have achieved this year. I’m delighted that their efforts have been recognised in the very first Searcys Value Awards ceremony. We are all thrilled and overwhelmed to have won these awards.”
The Head Chef, Barry Tonks, from Searcys at the Gherkin who scooped ‘Chef of the Year’, said; “I am thrilled to win this award reflecting both the restaurant and event menu offer at Searcys at The Gherkin. We are so passionate about delivering exceptional food quality and consistency, my team and I are delighted this has been recognised and encouraged as part of the awards.”