- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 10-12 Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and placed in lemon water
- 750ml/1¼ pint vegetable stock
- 150ml/5½fl oz double cream
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Macadamia nuts
- 1 punnet Pea shoot
- 2 Tsp of olive oil
- 100 gram wild mushroom
- For the Jerusalem artichoke soup, heat the vegetable oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and a pinch of salt for 5-6 minutes, or until soft.
- Meanwhile, cut the artichokes into roughly 2cm/1in cubes. Add them to the onions and fry for a further 3-4 minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock and cream and cook over a medium heat until the vegetables are soft. Add the lemon juice and cook for five more minutes.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to food processor and blend to a smooth soup. If it is too thick, add a little more stock or water. Taste to check the seasoning and add salt and pepper as required. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Toast nut for 5mins or until golden brown in oven set aside to cool
- Sweat of wild mushroom 1tsp olive oil season then chill them.
When ready to serve toss the pea shoots nut and mushrooms together pour soup in bowl a gently layer the salad on one side of the bowl.